Although I started speaking about NID very late, yet I believe I covered good amount of information with resources in my blog post - NID-DAT complete Resource collection. So, here are my final tips for your NID exam for tomorrow
- NID pattern has changed and it covers wide topics, so if you keep searching for topics then you are lost in an ocean of huge confusing web resource, so utilize whatever time left specifically to revise the so far learnt or referred topics and also whatever topics you have saved for last minute
- (In correction to my earlier mistake - Thanks to Simran comment below) There is no negative marking for NID-DAT and also objective questions are MCQ type, so you don't have the restriction of checking whether your assumed answer is correct or not. UCEED exam has the headache of negative marking and MSQ's, but luckily NID doesn't have. So, go ahead, try to attempt all the question even if your only partially sure about a given questions. But be wise while choosing answers. Some questions are deceptive and might seems the answer as say 'A' but it could be some other option.
- Be confident. That is the only tool/armour you have. A well prepared person with less confident might have greater chances of loosing marks! Likewise an average prepared guy with full confidence have the greater chance of being the topper!
- Sleep well! Yes you heard me right, don't rush to revise or study before exam. Don't be in a hurry - turning papers, check links etc before the last minute of exam. At least relax yourselves before two hours, by compromising yourself that you have covered everything. Remember new pattern has diverse topics, so it's never complete! Likewise you are never unprepared! you might have observed that 'on the spot solving questions' are well asked in NID. So, you are already well prepared :)
- Check yourself whether you have covered this topics or not -
a. Color theory
b. Art media
c. Famous designers,
d. History and evolution of art
e. Basic math recap and so on
- I think attempting Subjective part of NID is quite easier than CEED subjective, based on the sample questions. I think even NID started giving priority to idea/concept rather than just objective sketching (that was my earlier belief). So, take time in making good idea. I know your brilliant brain has the same structure like that was shown in the recent animated movie "Inside-Out". So, try to put all your intelligence (not strength) to get good alternate idea. Ideas are generated spontaneously based on your prior exposure, habits, your observation skills, the environment in which you were raised etc and several other factors. I can always sense the intelligent version of you :) You saw your intelligence yet? ......No ?..... No issues, you are going to see it tomorrow :)
- Mind the time during exam
- Carry all those things listed 'to be carried' to exam, including
a. admit card,
b. ID proof,
c. pencils, rulers, sketch pens/pencils, Eraser, Sharpener etc
d. Your other art tools etc
- Stay cool and relaxed like I mentioned earlier
That's it, I don't want you to spend time much on reading this. You better revise your topics.